2024-07-01

Musical Monday: San Francisco Vanessa Carlton


 So, over on my Oberon Blog today, I got to talking about Florida. I ended up posting a music video of a song I listened to a lot while I was getting ready to move to Florida (and while I was living there) and I mentioned that when I left California to move there I cried when I crossed the state line out of California. 

I also cried when I moved back. We drove cross country--one van with the four of us, two cats and a dog when we moved to Florida,TWO cars (and a trailer) on the way back. I drove the jeep with my daughter and the two cats, pulling the trailer. My husband, son and our dog were in the SAAB.  The entire reason for that was that I didn't trust them not to let the cats out--accidentally, obviously, but still. The jeep didn't have enough power to pull the trailer AND run the AC at the same time. At least not when we were going uphill. Fun fact: driving East to West across North America seems to be uphill nearly all the way. At least until you get to the Continental Divide. 

Anyway...this was back when you could burn CDs and play them in your car's stereo. I'd put together a road trip CD for the drive. This was the song I put on just before we crossed back into California.** And yes, I cried then, too. 



**The video is almost completely unrelated to this story. It was the only "live" action video I could find for this song. And what's the point of a video, if all you're seeing is a single, static picture? OTOH, my daughter and I used to watch Charmed when it was on (well, I stopped after they killed off Prue because the plot line just got too stupid, after that point).  

No comments: