2024-07-30

Romance Writers Weekly ~Secondary Characters~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked to, "Introduce us to one or more of your favorite secondary characters."

This is actually much harder than it appears. The reason for that is simple: I love writing series and I usually end up making my secondary characters main characters, given enough time.

One of my most recent was-a-secondary-character-but-now-she's-getting-her-own-book is Giada Mazzi. Heroine of Giada Mazzi is Living her Best Life, which will release as part of the Love and Espresso Anthology in another month or so.

Giada first showed up three books earlier in The Name Game. At the time, she functioned mainly as the hero's humorous relief support cousin. As mentioned, she eventually got her own book, in which her cousins returned the favor and became her support crew. Now, she's back again in a secondary role as I work on the eighth book in the series, The White Elephant Gift Exchange. I actually have a teaser for that book, which can be downloaded here: 


Now, hop on over to  Leslie Hachtel's page And find out how she researches her books. And don't forget to check out her book Stay With Me!



Stay With Me

Two women. Years apart. Linked by common experience and a cottage that has survived since the Civil War. When Rebecca reaches out from the past, Evelyn finds it life changing.

And in their own times, each must discover strength and fight to find and keep true love.

A 2023 NEST First Place Winner in Paranormal!









Love and Espresso
A Limited Edition Contemporary Romance Anthology

"This collection features meet-cutes that take place in a bookstore/coffee shop. The heroines are looking for their HEA but never expected it to happen while picking up a cup of coffee or picking out their next book boyfriend."

Contains my story: Giada Mazzi is Living her Best Life:

life is more than just the lies we try and tell ourselves about what we’ve done and who we are.

 I guess the truth is that I never stopped loving Ben. And I never stopped imagining how different my life might have been if he were only the person I needed him to be, instead of the person that he is. Which is silly, right? I mean, truly; it’s laughable. Because if he were someone else, he wouldn’t be him.  And the world is already full of people like that. What good is one more gonna do me?

Besides, if I’m honest, Ben wasn’t ever the problem. That was me. I was never the person he believed me to be. Oh, I thought I was, in the beginning. I tried hard to be, and that worked for a while. Sort of. But eventually I reached the point where I had to make a choice between living life for myself, or for everyone else.

And when it came right down to that…how could I not choose me?


No comments: