2024-07-10

Wine Wednesday DaLuca Prosecco Rosé


So I was on vacation last week, and it was my anniversary, and when I checked in there was a bottle of DaLuca Prosecco Rosé waiting for me. 

I thought this was cool for several reasons, not the least of which was that the last book I worked on was all about the DiLuca family. But I guess I should be used to those weird synchronicities.

Rosé is something of an odd wine category and opening a bottle of rosé that you know nothing about is kind of a crap shoot. It could be amazing, the kind of wine that'll make your summer. Or it could be completely forgettable. 

This wine was pretty good. It smells like a summer fair--like raspberry cotton candy, dried straw, slightly herbaceous.  It's a very pale blush color, and is very slightly sweet. Very fruit forward. I taste strawberries...maybe freeze dried strawberries? Maybe strawberry leather, slightly jammy. It's very lightly carbonated. I think it would be good for a picnic, or to drink on the porch, or a boat on the lake. 

It feels like it would be a very versatile wine. I'd pair it with light cheeses, or a summery pasta dish--maybe Pasta al Limone, or Fettuccini Alfredo, or Cacio e Pepe. Maybe a very mild fish dish, lobster, or an omelette? Possibly a desert like strawberry shortcake, coconut cake, or creme brûlée

No comments: