2024-07-09

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Day Jobs ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked, "
Do you write full time? If not, what is your day job?

Well, yes, writing does take up most of my time. And a lot of what's left over is taken up with helping to care for my grandson. I'm not sure anything I do qualifies as a day job, however. I haven't had one of those in a while. 

I've done a lot of different things over the course of my life, but I think my favorite was working in a kennel. Hard work, obscenely early start to the day, but I spent the whole time interacting with dogs and cats. It was a crazy time. I was driving my dream car, living in my dream house, working for minimum wage shoveling poop and  cleaning up messes. And staying up late every night writing. I don't think I've ever been happier. 

Of course, I was a lot younger then. It would probably kill me if I tried that now. 

But I have four books releasing (or re-releasing) this year that rely heavily on the experiences I had during that time of my life and  which feature dogs, dogs, dogs, and two very unusual cats. (side note: Yes, yes, I know. All cats are unusual).

Now, hop on over to  Jill Haymaker's page, And find out about her day job (or lack thereof). And don't forget to check out her book Colorado Summer Stars



Colorado Summer Stars 

Ready for some summer romantic suspense? 


When Nicole’s life in San Francisco turns violent, she has nowhere to run except to her small hometown of Peakview, Colorado.Who knew that the nerdy kid she made fun of in high school would turn out to be so attractive? 


When the danger she left behind finds her, can he save her in time and win her heart as well?









Are you ready to get Snowed In? 

All-new Snowed-In Romances are coming your way! Filled with the heat you crave and all the forced proximity you can stand! Available for pre-order now, releasing in November and December: 

No comments: