2024-06-10

Musical Monday: My Way Frank Sinatra


So this is a little bit different. I mean, yes, I'm from Jersey and both old enough and Italian American enough to consider Frankie something of a homie. Or, you know, a goombah (okay, not really). 

This song is one I'm particularly fond of ever since I sang an extremely drunk duet of it with one of our neighbors while seated on a picnic table (in my parents' backyard) at my "wedding reception" ie a big party held a couple of weeks after we'd eloped. 

Suffice it to say we were never exactly traditional.  

But that's not the reason I'm posting it today. I've recently finished another book in the Atlas Beach, NJ series. I am so proud of Giada Mazzi is Living her Best Life. There were so many times during the writing of this book that I thought for sure I'd mess it up or never finish it or that it would completely suck and everyone would hate it...and hate me for having written it. Welcome to the paranoid world of a writer's mind. As Christopher Cross wrote: (in I Know You Well) "My head's a very scary neighborhoodDon't wanna walk it alone." 

But...I really feel like I nailed it and I can't wait for you all to read it.  Shortly after I sent the finished MS off, I was having a celebratory margarita (as you do) when this song came on and it's so very perfect for the Mazzi/DiLuca clan. So. Here you go. You're welcome. 

And if you're interested in reviewing an ARC, join my Facebook group, The Crone's Nest for information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCronesNest



No comments: