2023-12-05

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Gifts for Book Lovers ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked to remember that it's gift giving season and "Share books that would make great presents (for authors or readers) or other book-related gifts."

Okay, let's be serious for a moment, you know what the best gifts are for readers? Books. And, of course, I'm going to hope your readers will want to read my book--especially since today is release day for Christmas Angel (see below)! Which, of course, would make a fabulous gift. *grin*

My good friend, Kelly Jamieson, just released a new Christmas story this year, as well. Merry Pucking Christmas is a reverse Hallmark Christmas story--small town girl travels to New York City to spend Christmas with her aunt and ends up falling for an NHL Hockey player. 

But other than books themselves...

Bookmarks, book-lights, book plates and embossers also make great gifts for readers who prefer print books. Also book themed-tote bags (one of my favorites) or book themed mugs or kitchen magnets. Or a special edition of one of their favorite books or series?

Or perhaps you could pay for them to get some bookish tattoos? I know I'm not the only one who has them! 

If you're really feeling flush (or are lucky enough to live in close proximity to the perfect spot) maybe plan a trip to a bookish location. Hemmingway's house in Key West, for example. Or  a trip to Bath, for all those Jane Austen fans or actually any Regency Romance readers. Or New Zealand for Tolkien fans. Yes, I know. That's because of the movies, rather than the books themselves, but Middle Earth IS fictional, so...I stand by my recommendation. And obviously, there are many, many, many more examples. Well, pretty much anywhere you can think of, I'm sure someone's written a book about it. 

If you know what model e-reader your reader has, a new cover is always nice. If it's not a waterproof model, they make special covers so you can read in the bath. Yes, you can use ziplock bags, too, but those don't make the best gifts. And, of course, a new e-reader is also a wonderful gift! 

Or...speaking of baths, if your reader is especially fond of reading in the bath, then a nice set of bath bombs or a bath tray might be nice. Or one of those nice insulated, covered wine glasses. 

I could probably go on forever, but I think that's good. Now, hop on over to  Jenna Da Sie's page  for more gift ideas






I'm so excited for today's new release! I think it's the cutest Christmas story I've ever written--and that's saying something, because I love ALL my Christmas stories! It came out unexpectedly sweet--which I did not see coming. It's funny, romantic, VERY Christmasy, and makes me feel hopelessly nostalgic. And, yes, I do think it would make a great Christmas gift for the readers in your life! (available in digital and print formats)





Christmas Angel

An Angels in the Afterlife Christmas Story

Being fully transparent is good for a relationship, right? Well, maybe not when it’s literal.

 

Christmas Angel is a second-chance, holiday romance with a celestial twist. Probationary angel Jake Hennessy's been sent back to earth to mend fences with his ex. Or has he? Certainly Tony doesn’t seem to think that's the case. 

 

Tony DiCecco might have ninety-nine problems—and then some—between dealing with his meddlesome family AND running the family business (a Christmas tree farm in rural Texas) but he's pretty sure that playing catch-up with his ex-husband isn’t supposed to be one of them. 

 

And what would even be the point? It’s hard to imagine what kind of future the two of them could have when one of them is alive and the other...isn't.


https://books2read.com/Christmas-Angel

No comments: