2023-12-11

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Favorite Seasonal Recipes ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked to "Share your favourite seasonal recipe. What meal/dessert/treat is a must have on your table at this time of year?"

Ooh. So hard. So many choices. I think I've already posted about the mulled wine and the cranberries, so I guess it'll have to be the cookies again.

I bake a lot of different cookies--especially at Christmas--but these spicy gingerbread cookies have been one of my favorites for the last few years. My daughter and sister and I love them. The rest of the family...not so much.


It's astonishing how often my characters bake. Even the vampires love cookies. These particular cookies were inspired by the characters in my Sci-Fi Futuristic Romance, Finders Keepers. Here's a brief cookie-baking scene:


Now, hop on over to Jenna Da a Sie's page to read about one of her favorite recipes. 





 I still think this is the cutest Christmas story I've ever written--and that's saying something, because I love ALL my Christmas stories! It came out unexpectedly sweet--which I did not see coming. 


It's funny, romantic, VERY Christmasy, and makes me feel hopelessly nostalgic. 


Plus there are cookies!




Christmas Angel

An Angels in the Afterlife Christmas Story

Being fully transparent is good for a relationship, right? Well, maybe not when it’s literal.

 

Christmas Angel is a second-chance, holiday romance with a celestial twist. Probationary angel Jake Hennessy's been sent back to earth to mend fences with his ex. Or has he? Certainly Tony doesn’t seem to think that's the case. 

 

Tony DiCecco might have ninety-nine problems—and then some—between dealing with his meddlesome family AND running the family business (a Christmas tree farm in rural Texas) but he's pretty sure that playing catch-up with his ex-husband isn’t supposed to be one of them. 

 

And what would even be the point? It’s hard to imagine what kind of future the two of them could have when one of them is alive and the other...isn't.


https://books2read.com/Christmas-Angel

No comments: