2023-11-08

Wine Wednesday: Caymus Cabernet

 

I have another Napa Valley wine today...actually another RUTHERFORD wine. Which is weird, actually. The Napa Valley APA is pretty small to begin with, but Rutherford is just one tiny little part of it.

But I digress. 

So this is my second time trying Caymus' Cabernet and I like it as much as I did the first time. It's got great legs. Which doesn't count for all that much in the grand scheme of things, but it's something that I personally look for in a wine. I'm not even sure why, to be honest. 

There's a lot of dark fruit in the aroma. I thought blackberry, my husband--Yes! I got him to try ANOTHER wine with me! --thought cherry. And perhaps he's right because the taste is definitely black cherry along with tobacco. Which, if you don't smoke or drink probably sounds horrible, but it really isn't. Also hints of vanilla.

It's a very nice wine--full bodied, not as aggressively tannic as some Zinfandels...well, it wouldn't be, would it?  I had it with a steak and a caesar salad and some honey-balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts and it complemented all of that perfectly.  

It's a good wine and I would definitely recommend it, and I'm sure I'll order it again. But I'm not sure it goes on my Must Visit winery list. Visits are $50. per person, which isn't high, but it's by appointment only and apparently you can only stay for an hour and a half. Now...I might not want to stay any longer than that, but on the other hand...I might?

Anyway, I  was searching for another excerpt to post, but decided to just link to this FREE novella. It's a prequel to the Oberon series. It's actually a really long excerpt from A Taste of Honey that I expanded by adding a few extra scenes.  





Life wasn't always strawberries and cream for Dan and Lucy Cavanaugh...or was it?

In this prequel novella, we travel back in time to see how Oberon's hottest couple got their start.

When he left Oberon for college, Dan Cavanaugh vowed he’d never step foot in his family’s nursery again. And yet here he is; twenty-three years old, and about to temporarily take over as manager while his parents went off on a long-anticipated tour of Europe.  Five minutes in, he’s already identified what his biggest challenge will be this summer: Lucy Cavanaugh.

After messing up as a teenager, Lucy has been trying hard to get her act together and rebuild her life. Working at Cavanaugh’s for the past three years has been an important part of that. She’s been a model employee: loyal, hardworking, knowledgeable, indispensable. Everyone there loves her. Everyone, that is, except for her temporary boss, Dan God’s-gift-to-women Cavanaugh. But that’s okay with Lucy. She hates him, too. Or does she?


This prequel novella is yours for free when you sign up for my newsletter or join my readers' group. Links below:

https://dl.bookfunnel.com/5xxljdbblb

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheCronesNest




No comments: