2023-11-23

Thankful Thursday post: Special Thanksgiving 2023 Edition


 Well it's Thanksgiving Day here in the states, and I'm feeling extra grateful. I'm grateful for my family--my son, my daughter, my daughter in law, my grandson, my husband--this is in no particular order, btw--my siblings, my sisters and brothers in law, my nieces and nephews, their friends and significant others, and my adorable, brand new grand nephew. I'm very thankful for my friends--my writing friends, and my online friends, the new friends I've made in Texas and the old friends I haven't seen in awhile.

I'm grateful that I got to have my beloved dog in my life for twelve and a half years and still devastated that I lost him this year. 

I'm very thankful that I FINISHED A BOOK today. At least I'm pretty sure the final re-write of Christmas Angel is complete. If anyone would care to do a last minute beta read/ARC read and let me know what they think by early next week, I'd be very, extremely grateful!

I''m thankful for how well it came out too, btw. At least I think it did? Fingers crossed I'm not deluding myself.

I'm very grateful that the Lone Star Literary Life organization exists and wants to help promote it! 

Oh, and I'm also thankful that I  have a new book lined up to start working on as soon as I'm convinced I can call this one DONE. 

I''m thankful that today I got to make Thanksgiving dinner in my own home for the first time since 2016. Thanksgiving and New Year/NYE are my favorite holidays to cook so, this was a nice treat. 

I'm thankful for all the modern conveniences that make life easier for all of us. And I think I'm grateful that I don't know what the future holds because there are so many doomsayers in the world right now and I'm thankful that they don't actually know what'll happen, either. But I plan on focusing on the positive for as long as I can, because at least that way I'm not wasting my time worrying about things I can't change or do anything about and that might not ever happen anyway.

I'm thankful for good health and a comfortable home, and a kick-ass car, and the road trip we took in September to the beach, because I've missed that...okay, I  still do. A bay inside a gulf is NOT the ocean, but hey, it's peaceful and you can swim, so I'll take it. 

I'm thankful for wine and wineries and breweries. Also coffee and chocolate. And, apparently, PB&J sandwiches because my family's entire Thanksgiving Day chat was hijacked by talk of PB&J.

I'm thankful for books. I'm thankful for the authors who write the books I love to read and I'm thankful for the readers who read and love my books, too. And I think that's most of it, so Imma stop there. 

Tomorrow, I'll likely be most grateful for leftovers because Thanksgiving dinner always tastes better the next day. 

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!




No comments: