2023-11-09

Thankful Thursday for November 09, 2023


 I'm getting to this VERY Y late in the day! But I'm thankful for the reasons. Earlier today I attended a fabulous marketing session with the amazing Angela James. And then I spent the evening with my grandson. 

I'm grateful for the rain we're receiving, because the drought here has been hard on all of us. I'm grateful that the weather isn't cold--because I don't like  the type of winter weather I grew up with in New Jersey. That being said, however, I'm still very grateful to have grown up in New Jersey because learning to deal with all types of weather--hot and humid, cold and icy, rainy, muddy, windy, etc--and even more importantly, learning to DRIVE in all of them is invaluable. Also tomatoes. My condolences to anyone whose experience of tomatoes does not include fresh Jersey tomatoes. You will never know what you're missing. Pretty much anything else can be replicated (yes, even pizza and bagels) or shipped (thank you, Goldbelly!) but not tomatoes.

Moving on...

I'm grateful for all the really good books I've been reading--including a sneak peek at Kelly Jamieson's new Christmas book due out next week. It's soooo good!! I'm grateful for Tuesday's late night zoom and wine session with Kelly. So much fun, as always. And I'm grateful in advance for our planned California writing retreat. 

I'm grateful that writing is going so well. I've finished the annotations on Sound of a Voice That is Still, and am half-way done with the revisions on Christmas Angel. The playlists are lagging, however. But I am grateful for Spotify because I get to listen to even the unfinished playlists while I drive or charge my car.

Can I mention being grateful for my Tesla, again? I love that car. And I love living less than a mile away from a super-charger. I'm grateful there's a Starbucks in the same mall as the charger. I'm extremely grateful that Starbucks has (supposedly--haven't checked yet) brought back Gingerbread Lattes!  Because they are the BEST!

But right now, it's getting late and I want to get a few more words in before I go to bed, so I'm grateful that I can write and I'm grateful that, if I stay up too late doing it, I can sleep in tomorrow morning. 



No comments: