2023-11-02

Thankful Thursday for November 2, 2023

 

Todoay I'm feeling thankful for the cooler weather. I  say "cool" even though most of the people I've been in contact with this past week seem to classify the weather now as "cold". 

It's not cold. Just sayin'. It's actually perfect, IMO. Not too cold or too hot. so, like I said:I'm thankful. I'm thankful to have grown up in New Jersey. In large part because I  got to experience real, actual seasons. So I learned early what I like and what I  don't like. Also, I learned to drive. Everyone should learn to drive in New Jersey. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I love Fall, so I'm thankful that it's Fall now. I've heard a rumor that Starbucks is bringing Gingerbread Lattes back--VERY thankful if that's the case, but I'll believe it when I see it. 

I'm actually very thankful to the people who first hinted that I might have ADHD. I have executive function issues--which I knew, but never had a name for. In related news: I'm thankful that I'm both old enough and secure enough that the occasional accusation of "laziness" simply rolled off my back. I knew I  wasn't lazy because the obsessive hyper-focus (another marker, apparently. Who knew?) has always been incompatible with any definition of laziness that I was aware of. 

No. I just didn't like to do the things that I didn't like to do. Which, just makes sense, if you know what I mean. 

But enough about that. I'm thankful that I get to watch my son and DIL's crazy dog. Alamo is a Frenchie. Today, he seems to have mistaken one of my 5 lb. weights for a bone or a chew toy and is running--RUNNING--around with it in his mouth.  Quite the workout for a little dog! But I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard and I suspect I will find a way to put it into a book, at some point. 

I'm having a great day today, so can I just say I'm thankful for all of it, and let it go at that?  Because I'm very thankful that I get to spend so much of my time writing fun stories for you all to read, and now I'd really like to get back to it. 




No comments: