2024-08-21

Wine Wednesday: Salt Lick BBQ White


 This wine has a lovely color. Light gold with a little tinge of green. Which goes with the honey dew melon and orange blossom nose. It doesn't taste as sweet as it smells, but it's still a little sweeter than what I'm used to. A little off-dry, perhaps?  The tasting notes that I've read claim it would pair well with a turkey plate, chicken, etc. But I assume it's called BBQ White for a reason, and if they're talking about Texas BBQ turkey, then I'd say hell no. Texas-style BBQ turkey is amazing, but it needs a nice, robust, DRY wine. I'm not actually sure what I'd pair this with. It's a pleasant drinking wine, but hmm. What would I eat with this. Actually, it's hatch chile season, at the moment, and I could see this pairing well with a hatch chili-lime pound cake. In fact, I have one on hand and that's what I'm drinking it with now. 

I mean, don't get me wrong, this is not a dessert wine. I think it would probably be great for a picnic. It might be brilliant with a chicken salad sandwich, or maybe some bean salad, macaroni salad, something along those lines. Or maybe brunch. 

Basically, you could drink this with anything that you would otherwise pair with a not-overly-dry-rosé. 

No comments: