2024-08-13

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Tropes ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked, "Do you have any favorite, or least favorite tropes?"

That's a really good question! There are a lot of tropes I like--some that I like to read, some that I like to write, some that I like for both. Second Chance Romance is probably one of my favorites. But Friends to Lovers and Opposites Attract are two more that I also really enjoy. I'm not sure what the official name is for stories where one of the main characters has gone undercover or is lying about their true identity, but that's one I keep returning to. Also, Amnesia is a trope that I always hated--until I wrote one, and then another! It's so fun to write!

My upcoming re-release, The Spirit of the Place, is an Opposites Attract story. It's also a Christmas story--which is another of my absolute favorite tropes (if it can be considered a trope--I think it can) and a re-telling of a Christmas classic. In this case, there's a nod to A Christmas Carol in that one of my secondary characters is visited by three ghosts--an event that begins with a visit from someone who looks like her dead partner. 

Now, hop on over to Jill Haymaker's page and learn what tropes she likes. And don't forget to check out her book, Return to Pine Meadows




Pre-order now :) Book 5 in my Montana Pines Series, Return to Pine Meadows, is available for pre-order, release date August 28th. 

 

When Kara’s dad is no longer able to run their Montana ranch, Kara is forced to come home. The last person she wants to ask for help is Hawk Mitchell, her arrogant neighbor who tormented her in high school. Yet here she is. The more she gets to know him, the more she believes he may have changed, and she can’t fight the attraction that sizzles between them. Can her past become her future?







The Spirit of the Place

Oberon, Book 6.0


It's a clash of ideologies when Jasmine and Brandon get together.  Can the spirit of the season, and the spirit of the place help them to see beyond their differences?


Now Available for Pre-Order.


No comments: