2024-08-07

Wine Wednesday: Pedernales Cellar Viognier


 Today's wine is another Texas Viognier. This one's from Pedernales Cellar out of Stonewall, which is just outside Fredericksburg. It's on my list of wineries to visit when I'm out there next...without my grandson. Because wine tasting and six year olds don't exactly mesh all that well.

I've talked about how much I like Viognier, so we can skip that for now.

This is a very nice, very classic viognier. It's a light gold with a floral nose and a pronounced apricot aroma. It tastes of peaches and other stone fruits (which, as always, reminds me of Touch of a Vanished Hand) as well as candied pineapple. The tasting notes on the site suggest pairing this wine with pesto or Thai food, both favorites of mine, so...yeah. I can see that. Or a nice fruit tart. 



No comments: