2024-05-29

Wine Wednesday: Arrington Vineyards, Part Two


 Today I'm going to talk about the second wine I tried at Arrington. Their Kinzley Reserve, which is a Sauvignon Blanc. Colorwise it's pale with a faint green tinge, which I thing has to be due (at least in part) to the fact that it was aged in steel tanks, rather than oak barrels. Or maybe not. Because if you look at green grapes and you try and imagine what color the juice would be if it were absolutely clear with no sediment at all, you'd probably imagine something close to this wine. 

The aroma is grapefruit candy. There was a pronounced citrus flavor as well. Almost a  limeade flavor, or really--and this is going to sound horrible, but it really wasn't--what's left in your glass when you've almost finished your margarita and the ice has started to melt. It was cool and refreshing, with definite hints of minerality. 

I'd pair this wine with Mexican food, or Texas BBQ, or anything you'd think about drinking a margarita with (and then maybe wouldn't because a margarita might be too sweet). The (really superlative) website suggested goat cheese and herby dishes, and I'm not sure I'd agree with that. But they also mentioned oysters and...yeah. I think I could see that working.  

As with the Chardonnay I mentioned last week, this is another great wine that screams SUMMER to me and begs to be enjoyed outside. Very talkative wine. lol

No comments: