2024-05-07

Romance Writers Weekly ~A Family Gathering ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked to "Describe a typical family gathering - a birthday celebration, a nothing special dinner, Thanksgiving, Christmas or other holiday. Whatever gathering you like!"

I take issue with the word "typical". lol I'm not good at forming habits. What's "typical" for my family now, is different than it was a few years ago; which was different from a few years before that.

Recently, the holiday hosting mantle has been passed to my son and daughter in law. At least for my family. My sister and brothers haven't ceded their control. And, I have to say, I do miss hosting gatherings. However, my son and daughter in law have a beautiful home and it's not exactly a hardship!

My daughter in law grew up in England and Sweden, so we get a proper Roast Dinner. And because my son loves pie, and my daughter in law does not, she'll bake a pie for dessert (for him) and I'll typically bake something else (madeleines, meringues, sticky toffee pudding) for her...most of the rest of us have both, of course. Lately, I'll also bring a vegetable dish and/or sourdough bread.

It's usually very low key. We'll sit and talk and eat.We might take a walk before or after dinner. Their home is set in a very forested area and it's only a short walk to a river. Sometimes they have guests, or my daughter will fly in to visit. And my grandson usually has some new Lego creation he'll want help with. Apparently, that's a new area of expertise for me!

Anyway, that's what most of our gatherings look like, at the moment.


Now, hop on over to Brenda Margriet's page to see what she has to say. And don't forget to check out  Secrets Under the Covers.




Secrets Under the Covers

 

Start the Silverberry Seduction Seasoned Romance Series for FREE!

 

(Helen and Nathan are both 55)

 

Two long-time friends…one impulsive seduction…zero percent chance their lives will ever be the same again.

 

The peace Helen Mansfield struggled to achieve after the death of her husband is threatened when she discovers a lump in her breast. Determined to keep the alarming news to herself until the biopsy results are revealed, she sets out to wring every drop of delight from her days.

 

Nathan Spieth stood by his wife while she fought and ultimately lost her battle with cancer. Since then, he’s devoted his energy to rebuilding the career that he neglected during her final years, and all his hard work is about to pay off.

 

As neighbours and friends, Helen and Nathan’s lives have been woven together for more than twenty years. One impetuous, impassioned night might destroy everything they share—or prove to this fiercely independent woman and determinedly solitary man that love is always worth the risk.







Welcome to Oberon
Oberon Omnibus #1


Three connected tales of love, murder, mystery...all set in a mystical small town where anything might happen.​

This volume contains the first three books of the Oberon series:

 

Scent of the Roses

A Sight to Dream Of

Sound of a Voice That is Still. 

Second Chances, Friends to Lovers, Opposites Attract, Hurt-Comfort, Age Gap, Betrayal, Suspense.

Buy Linkshttps://books2read.com/welcome-to-oberon/









No comments: