2024-05-21

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Pets ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked to "Tell us about your pets and how they help your writing. If you don’t have one, which would you choose and why? Pictures please."

I'm pretty sure we did something very much like this--and not too long ago. But that was probably before my dog died. So this is a difficult post to write. He's the big boy on the left below, btw, and I miss him very much! We still have our little girl, but who knows for how much longer? She's older than she appears in this picture and very gray now. But then again, so am I!


Anyway, I've always had pets. I love sharing my space with animals of all kinds. During the very short periods when I've found myself between pets, I didn't like it. It's been too quiet, too empty, too sterile. Of course, there's nothing wrong with any of those things, but it's not for me. 

When I began work on the Oberon series I had an absolute menagerie. Something like 6 cats, 5 chickens, 4 lizards, 3 frogs, 2 turtles, 2 fish tanks, a tarantula and 1 dog. As a result, nearly everyone in Oberon ended up with multiple pets (including some suspiciously well-behaved dogs). But, as I'm just now realizing, you can pretty much tell who the villains are by checking out their pet situation. No furbabies for bad guys!

So yes, my pets have always provided me with inspiration--and that's even before I started writing shifters. 


Now, hop on over to Brenda Margriet's page to learn what pets she has or would like to have. And don't forget to check out her book, Gateway Crescent.




GATEWAY CRESCENT

 

Luke Donwell detoured from his expected vocation when he became a high school music teacher. Now it’s time to choose—commit to his students or tend to a larger flock. Then destiny throws his best friend’s alluring younger sister into his path.

 

Frivolous and flighty Jo Bendixon doesn’t have her life all worked out like her older sisters do, but what’s the rush? She’s having fun being a barista, teaching kids to code, and living down to everyone's expectations.

 

She’s never given earnest, steadfast Luke a second glance. Volunteering to help with his youth concert seems a safe harbour in her stormy world.

 

Neither prophesies the temptation flaring hot and bright between them. It might scorch them to the heart…or spark a match made in heaven.







Welcome to Oberon
Oberon Omnibus #1


Three connected tales of love, murder, mystery...all set in a mystical small town where anything might happen.​

This volume contains the first three books of the Oberon series:

 

Scent of the Roses

A Sight to Dream Of

Sound of a Voice That is Still. 

Second Chances, Friends to Lovers, Opposites Attract, Hurt-Comfort, Age Gap, Betrayal, Suspense.

Buy Linkshttps://books2read.com/welcome-to-oberon/









No comments: