2024-05-28

Romance Writers Weekly ~ The Hardest Part ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked "What is the hardest part of writing a book?"

So glad you asked! It's all hard. Beginnings are something I find especially tough, because until I have that NAILED I can't move on, and keep circling back to tweak and edit, etc. However, I am currently three days past my deadline on a book that has just been a nightmare to write.

It's in first person present tense and I keep losing the characters' voices. They aren't supposed to sound alike. They're not supposed to sound like EVERY character I've ever written. In third person, that's usually only a problem when I'm writing dialogue. But in first--it's EVERYTHING!

Despite all of that, I'm really liking this book. And, assuming I can power through the next few days, I think it will be really good. Fingers crossed!

Now, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page to learn her opinion on what the hardest part of writing is. And don't forget to check out her book, Come Back to Me.




What would you do if you could go back in time to find your soulmate? For Skye Blaine, the answer is clear: she would do whatever it takes to be with the one she loves. Follow her as she travels through time in search of her heart's desire, finding that the path to true love is never easy, but always worth it. Will she find her happy ending? This page-turning story of love, sacrifice, and courage is sure to captivate and inspire. Don't miss out on this unforgettable journey through time!

And COMING SOON: “FOLLOW ME”.




Love and Espresso

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSKS814M

This collection features meet-cutes that take place in a bookstore/coffee shop. The heroines are looking for their HEA but never expected it to happen while picking up a cup of coffee or picking out their next book boyfriend.






No comments: