2024-01-02

Tuesday's Tea for January 02, 2024




I could call this post "things that annoy me today" but I like alliteration too much for that. 

First of all, ooh, look. Someone who clearly knows NOTHING WHATSOEVER about Romance has written an article explaining all about it. That's never happened before. 

This one has the most pompous title EVER:

125 Best Romance Books of All Time


I've bitched about it at length here: 


so I'm not going to repeat myself again here other than to say that some of the authors quoted in this article REALLY ought to know better! 


My second peeve is the abundance of articles informing us on when the proper time is to take down one's Christmas Tree. And I KNOW: we get them every year. But there seems to be SO MUCH MORE OF THEM this year. Does it come down the day after Christmas?  On New Year's Day? Not until Twelfth Night?

I mean really?  Who cares? I'm definitely Team DoWhateverTheFuckYouWant on this one. 

Finally, there's this. I'm a little concerned, because I'm feeling a definite Lack Of Filters, atm. And the last time that happened was January 2020. And we all know how THAT turned out. So all the articles suggesting DOOM and KARMA and planets doing bad things (looking at YOU Saturn!) and END TIMES...are not giving me happy feels. 

But I will say this: having lived through 1984, Y2K, The End of the Mayan Calendar, the return of both Hale-Bopp AND Hailey's Comet, not to mention the last four years! I refuse to get all that upset again now.  Que será, será.






No comments: