2024-09-30

Musical Monday: A Taste of Honey ~ Herb Alpert

 






I'm still finding it hard to believe that I didn't post this several months ago when I re-released A Taste of Honey. It seemed like a missed opportunity. However, now that the Omnibus is here, I guess I get a second chance...which is the theme of so much of my work. 

Anyway...

Yes, the book took its title from this song. I was looking for titles to fit the five senses, and Taste was an obvious and immediate no-brainer. I've been listening to this album for most of my life. It definitely fits the Oberon vibe. I don't know anything about Herb Alpert as a person, but this morning (the reason I'm thinking about this now) I saw a recent article about him still going strong -- and still putting out albums! -- at 89. Definitely #LifeGoals You can read it HERE if you subscribe to The New York Times (I don't, so I haven't read it, although I'm sure it's fascinating).

The album this song appears on is called Whipped Cream and Other Delights and features an iconic cover: 




I remember being fascinated by this as a child. Come to think of it, the subconscious connection is probably the reason for the whipped cream scene in the book. 

But again, I digress.

If you'd like to listen to the entire album, you can find it here (although it may be a little glitchy): https://youtu.be/4X6sEzwSS34?si=eZTFKQnDTfsxhsYJ

If you'd like to read the whipped cream scene (and others) it's included in the FREE Prequel Novella Such Fleeting Pleasures, which can be downloaded here: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/5xxljdbblb

OR, if you'd like to read the newly released Omnibus Two (books 4 - 6) that can be found here:https://books2read.com/Return-to-Oberon



No comments: