2022-11-15

Romance Writers Weekly ~ What's Special About Your Books? ~~ #LoveChatWrite



This week on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop we're asked, "What's special about your books? What makes you stand out? Tell us about it and share a snippet or two.


This is something I've actually given a lot of thought to. I genre-blend and genre-hop and do all the things that authors who are trying to build a strong, easily-identifiable brand are warned not to do. And that makes it harder to recognize what some of the common denominators might be that link all (or most of) my books.

So far, I've identified two. The first is something I was using as a tagline for awhile: All the Friends, all the families, all the feels. My books tend to feature people with strong communities--either friends of families--and there's usually a lot of emotion in the stories. I think of them as "feel good" stories, although I realize that they might not hit that way for everyone.

The second thing--something I only know because so many reviewers have mentioned it--is that apparently I've been very successful at world building. The places and the people I'm writing about feel real to me. And I guess that comes across.

ONE OTHER thing my stories tend to have in common, is length. Even my short stories tend to be long and wordy. I've tried to change that, but I haven't really been successful. So I don't really do "snippets" BUT if you'd like to read an excerpt from next month's release, Light Up the Night, that I think hits on some of these qualities, I've got one HERE.


Now, head on over to Jill Haymaker's page to learn what's special about her books. And be sure to check out her new boxed set, Christmas in Aspen Ridge.  


Christmas season is upon us! Get three seasoned romances for 50% off the price of buying them separately in this newly released box set :) Christmas in Aspen Ridge heartwarming stories of second chances, Christmas magic that will make you believe that it’s never to late to find love.





It's Here!!




Let's Get Naughty
(now in KU)

A USA Today BestSelling Spicy Holiday Romance


Cancel your plans and spend this holiday season with 36 romance authors who have teamed up to bring you a delicious holiday treat.


This collection has it all: fake relationships, second chances, enemies to lovers, friends to lovers, workplace romance, age gap, CEO’s, bikers, and falling for the best friend’s brother.


Each of the authors has provided an unforgettable, steamy story. So come on over, grab a blanket, and get started on finding your next favorite author today.


Let’s Get Naughty is the perfect anthology for you to binge this holiday season--and the next! Because...if you think it's too early to get on Santa's naughty list, think again! It's time for volume TWO! Available for pre-order now.



And if you're looking for even more spice...



...for even fewer pennies.


It's Book Fair Time!

Free romance ebooks, .99 cent romance ebooks, and romance anthologies are what you'll find at this year's Let's Get Naughty Book Fair!

Check out all the good things Oct. 21 through Nov. 30:


https://www.letsgetnaughtybooks.com




#romancenovels #romancereader #steamyromancereads #romanceanthologies #steamyromancebook #romancecollection#romancenovelsforever #readingromancebooks #romancereadersrock #romancereaders #steamyromance #romancebooks#romancereading #readingromance #steamyromancenovels #bookboyfriends #steamyromancebooks #bookboyfriendsarebetter#romanceanthology #RomanceCollections #romancecollections


No comments: