2022-10-26

The Final Countdown is ON!

6 Days! An isolated cabin, a winter storm, a hungry cougar—what could possibly go wrong? In a word: everything. books2read.com/letsgetnaughty/



      I don’t understand why pineapple pizza gets no respect. Granted, I was very young when I first tried it, shortly after I moved to LA, but to my naïve and inexperienced taste buds it seemed exotic and sophisticated. Now, the word I’d use to describe it is playful. And there’s not a damn thing wrong with that. 

I ruminate on this while seated on the faux-bearskin hearth rug eating the last of my dinner. We’ve paired the pizza with Zinfandel, as a concession to Mike’s jaded sensibilities.  I’d originally planned to serve the zin with Christmas dinner. Now, we’ll probably be pairing the turkey with Chardonnay. Hopefully, the wine snob will deem that acceptable. Although, if he’s still obsessing about wine at that point, I’m gonna consider the weekend a failure. 

“I mean, where did you even find this stuff?” Mike asks, still hanging ornaments.

I take a moment to appreciate the view. He looks hot! And I don’t mean because the red leather, fur-lined Santa coat I bought him is too warm for the room.  Considering that all he’s wearing beneath the coat is a pair of red silk boxers, I’m sure that’s not the case. What I mean is, Kurt Russell’s silver-fox Santa has nothing on Mike. 

“Where does anyone find anything?” I say in reply. “I got it online.”


To Be Continued...


Check back tomorrow to read more!

No comments: