2024-10-02

Wine Wednesday: Bonanza Cabernet Sauvignon




As far as I can tell, this wine comes from the same people who run the Caymus winery in Napa. But it's sold under the Bonanza label. Which seems strange until you factor in Napa's very strict regulations about what wines can and cannot be labeled with the Napa name. So, I'm guessing not enough of the grapes that go into this wine come from Napa.  

But I digress...

The most notable fragrance is that of black cherry, but there are also notes of cassis and dried fig. This is a very fruit forward wine. It's juicy and oaky with notes of  vanilla and plum. There's also an herbaceous note--almost like blackberry-sage.

I enjoyed this wine with a nice rib-eye and some balsamic-glazed roasted Brussels sprouts. But I think it would also go well with dark chocolate. 



No comments: