2023-03-21

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Dogs or Cats? ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked the question: "Dogs or cats? Or other choices. Or no pets? Pictures please. And how does that help your writing?"

I think the answer to the first part of this question should simply be, "Yes!" 

I love animals. Pretty much all of them. I think by inclination I'm a cat person, but it's been a while since I've had a cat that actually belonged to me. The cats in the picture below were some of the "community cats" (what used to be called feral) that used to hang out on our deck when we lived in Vallejo. It was just like having cats, except you couldn't ever pet them.






 


























For the last twelve or so years my heart's been held by these cuties. And, luckily for me, they're ALL ABOUT the petting.


























And how can you not love those faces? 

I don't know that they actually do help with my writing. Actually, they're all pretty distracting. Although, I suppose, since I recently finished a story featuring a shifter that was half cougar, half wolf, I might have drawn from experience with dogs and cats? 

Not that it matters. I can't imagine a life without pets. To quote Chief Seattle, "If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

Now, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page and learn what type of pets she has (or doesn't have!). And don't forget to check out her book, Stay With Me.  



Two women. Years apart. Linked by common experience and a cottage that has survived since the Civil War. When Rebecca reaches out from the past, Evelyn finds it life changing.

And in their own times, each must discover strength and fight to find and keep true love.

And now FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY -

On Sale for $.99.











Love is in the Air

A Limited Edition Second Chance Romance Collection


Sometimes we don't get it right the first time around. That's why life gives us second chances.

This limited edition romance collection features 20+ stories of hope, happy ever afters, and the second chances it took to get there.

In this collection you will find stories of second chances at love and life as our heroes and heroines embark on life changing journeys, whether changing careers or moving half way across the globe.

About the collection:

All NET Author proceeds are being pledged to Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the highest rated breast cancer organization in the United States and largest private funder of breast cancer research worldwide.


Includes my Games We Play story, White Elephant Gift Exchange


Available for Pre-Order now!

https://books2read.com/loveisintheair

No comments: