2022-05-31

Romance Writers Weekly ~ How did you get started? ~ #LoveChatWrite




It's time for another Romance Writers Weekly Blog Hop. This week's question is, "How’d you get started in your career? How'd you get to where you are today? What's next for you?"

Wow. So much to unpack here. I've always written and I'd considered myself a writer for all of my adult life. In my teens and twenties I confined myself to writing short stories and poems. It wasn't until my kids were school age and I realized they didn't even know that I wrote that I decided to write a book. One book led to another, and here we are today.

I have to credit the many wonderful authors I met through the organizations such as RWA, EPIC and Angela James' From Written to Recommended for helping me find publication and keeping me on track. I've also had several wonderful editors (including the aforementioned Angela James) whose support has been invaluable.

What's next...? Oh, that's so much harder. I've been focusing a lot of my efforts in the last year on learning more effective marketing and promotional strategies. As a result, my writing speed has slowed considerably. Hopefully, what's next includes finishing the books I've committed to in a timely manner!

Which means that I'm going to get back to it right now!

Now, hop on over to Jill Haymaker's page to learn about how she got started writing! And be sure to check out her new release, Montana Pines Winter Romance.


First in Series, Find love in the Montana Mountains


ALSO, check out this new bookfunnel promo. Find your new favorite romance series or author with these free reads! https://books.bookfunnel.com/goodfellow01/ug35uj72ik

 

A Season for Love 

Sometimes forever begins after forty. 

These fiery and passionate contemporary romances feature characters in their 40’s, 50’s and beyond. These authors don’t close the bedroom door on the good stuff, so be prepared to get hot and bothered in the best of ways. After all, lust has no age limit!

From billionaires and alpha military heroes to nerds and single dads, this limited-edition collection of sensual and sexy stories will keep you up all night and daydreaming all day! 

The one thing they have in common? They’re about to discover it’s never too late to fall in love.



This Limited Edition Collection of Contemporary Romance includes my story, Let Me Count the Ways:



BLURB:  She's thinking fling, he's thinking forever. 

Sexy former film star Claire Calhoun is used to having her pick of studly young men. Now that she and Derek have called it quits, however, the actress-turned-entrepreneur is feeling vulnerable. After one mojito too many at a party one night, she decides it would be fun to try something new-in this case, Mike Sherman, her staid accountant and long-time fan. 

 Claire has been Mike's fantasy since the first time he saw her bare it all for the camera. Now that she's in his bed he'll do whatever's necessary to keep her there. But he's not a stalker, right? He's just a devoted fan.

No comments: