2023-02-21

Romance Writers Weekly ~ What do you do when you're not writing? ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week's question of the week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, is:"Share one of your hobbies. What do you do when you’re not writing?"

Hmm...is there life outside of writing? Some people who know me well would be tempted to answer NO! The truth is that while I have A LOT of interests, and have tried a lot of the things I write (or have written) about, I don't always keep up with them, once I've moved onto the next book. 

I mean...reading's a hobby isn't it? I'm a big reader. Always have been. Writing has really changed how I read, however. There's a part of me that's always noticing word choice and story structure. And, OMG, I've become an obnoxious fact-checker whenever I read something someone else has written.

So, I guess the closest thing I have to a hobby is creating covers and promotional graphics. I've created many of my own covers (not the anthologies, and not the traditionally published books). I  love it. It's soooo much less work than writing and you get to see the results much quicker, too. I could easily (and happily) do that as a sideline--and I might, still. I've done several covers for friends--if it weren't for the fact that I'd also be dealing with some of the most difficult, persnickety clients in the world. AUTHORS (like ME!).   

Next, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page and read about her hobbies. And be sure to check out her book, Once Upon a Tablecloth.




Tuesday morning, Lily woke up and showered. As the warm water cascaded down her back, she wondered what she should wear. Did it matter if she looked her best? She tried denial, but couldn't buy it. She wanted to look good. And for what? A man she despised? 

Nick Jordan acquires failing restaurants, then makes them prosperous. But when Lily Mercer called him for help, he didn’t count on falling in love. Or that someone wants to kill her. 

You can buy it here: https://amzn.to/3YHJkQ4







Games We Play trilogy: https://books2read.com/u/4ENoKg


Games We Play 
The Complete Trilogy 


A quirky, family-owned resort on the Jersey Shore is the setting for this erotic, lightly paranormal series. 

Cousins Brenda, Luke and Gwyn are determined to turn their failing hotel business around. They have no time for love. They're in no mood for games. But it's not going to matter. Not when they're up against a handful of ghosts, a mischievous boggart, a family curse, and destinies written in stone. ​ 

The Games We Play trilogy. Three books that prove that holiday fun doesn't begin or end in December!

Never Have I Ever, the second book in the trilogy takes place at Mardi GrasLaissez les bons temps rouler!

No comments: