2016-10-23

Character Interview with Katey Hawthorne and Kinsey Holley

We’re here with Matt Antonin and Thackeray from Katey Hawthorne’s Praesidium, Aiken Kavanaugh from Kinsey Holley’s Going for Brook and Jason Cook from PG Forte’s Going Back to Find You.

Welcome gentlemen. It’s good of you to join us.  It seems you’ve all been involved with paranormal incursions, of one sort of the other this Halloween season.  So let’s start our questions there. Why don’t you tell us one thing that you found particularly challenging this Halloween?

Matt: Thackeray.

Thackeray: Matt.

Aiken: My mother. And vampires.

Jason:  Um, let’s see…there were feral vampires, evil fae, enchanted potions, shifters—yeah, I can’t decide. Let’s just say ‘all of the above’ and be done with it.


I understand that some of you are romantically involved with each other, while others are not, but I believe you all saw a little romantic action this Halloween. So why don’t you tell us a little bit about that?

Q#2: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Matt: No.

Thackeray: Definitely not.

Aiken: No. Lust, yes. Love takes a bit longer.

Jason:  I don’t know if it was love or lust—call it what you want. I’m going to say ‘yes’ to the question because all’s I know is I took one look at Lizbeth and I was a goner. Of course, she was naked at the time… Yeah, I’m sticking with ‘yes’.


Q#3:  Describe your perfect date?
Matt: Oh, you know, stopping crazy witches from inviting demons into our world.
Thackeray: Anything that doesn't involve stopping crazy witches from inviting demons into our world. Or demons at all.

Matt: Is Seir pouting in your head?

Thackeray: Oh yeah.

 Aiken:  Home, in bed, with wine and Brook. She says I’m boring, I say why not just skip to the good part, yeah?

Jason: A blanket by the river, a snack that’s big enough for the two of us to share. Maybe a threesome, if we’re in the mood and/or the snack gets lucky…

 Q#4 Finally, why don’t you tell us a little more about yourself?  For example, do you prefer daytime or night?

Matt: Night. It's quiet at night. And no one wants you to work.

Thackeray: Day. Less shit demonic goes down during the day. Usually.

Aiken: Night, definitely.

Jason: Night, for sure. I am a vampire, after all. Um…it’s okay to say that here, right?



Q#5:  What is your typical day like?

Thackeray: Look at the internet, map out paranormal activity, let a demon annoy me.

Matt: Work. Programming. Consulting. Witching. Laughing at a demon annoying him.

Aiken: A lot of time on the computer with clients. Nights in with Brook. Sometimes dinner out with friends.

Jason: Wake up at dusk. Go out and see what I can scare up for breakfast. Make love to Liz whenever I can. Try and stay out of Conrad’s way.


For more of this interview, please visit authors Katey Hawthorne:   and Kinsey Holley: 












No comments: