2024-03-26

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Self Care ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked the question, "What self-care activities do you enjoy?"

Ooh. Great question! I didn't always take great care of myself as a writer, but I've gotten much better about it in recent years. I've been practicing yoga off and on for a VERY long time. Ever since my parents "discovered" it in the late 60s early 70s. And for a while--in the before times--I was taking yoga classes nearly every day. But Covid put an end to that. And then a broken foot took walking off the table as well!

Since moving to Texas I haven't found a yoga studio that I like enough to join. See, I go for the unlimited membership--which requires there to actually be a lot of classes to choose from. And I'm picky. At this point in my life I'm all about the gentle-Yin-restorative yoga classes. Most of the places around here are into Hot Yoga and Power Flows. It's hot enough here for most of the year. I don't need to take a class to break a sweat, I can do that just by stepping outside or turning off the AC. 

Right now, the weather is lovely so I've been going on long walks with my dog. There are A LOT of parks here, some with lovely walking trails. And there are flowers everywhere so it's been pretty nice. 

Hopefully the pool will be open this year (last year it was closed because of the drought and the year before that it was closed because of other reasons) but I swam every day in Costa Rica and I'd really like to get back to that come summer. 

I've also bought an exercise bike (with a built in desk) and positioned it in the coldest room in the house so that's my summer plan. 

Aside from that, I've been intermittent fasting for six years now and it's been fantastic. I also try to eat as much unprocessed food as possible--which has been hard AF living in the land of queso and barbecue. NOT because that's all that's here but because...mmmm. It's all really good. 

So...there's that and bubble baths, occasional chanting, even more occasional attempts at meditation. No wonder I've been finding it hard to fit WRITING into my schedule. 

Balance is tricky. 


Now, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page to learn what self-care activities she favors. And don't forget to check out her book, Adriana.







Fleeing for her life, Adriana Booth has come aboard Robert Stuart's ship disguised as an old woman. She is smitten with the captain, so the night before they reach land, she discards her masquerade and sneaks into his cabin. In the morning she disappears, but he is determined to find her, which puts her life at risk.

Can he save her? Can their love survive?


https://amzn.to/47yVX4t




Today I'm featuring Going to the Chapel, which is a sort of sequel to Waiting for the Big One. The hero of both books, Derek Novello, is a fitness instructor--including power yoga. So it fits!







Going to the Chapel

An Oberon/LA Love Lessons Crossover Novella

In Waiting For The Big One, Gabby and Derek went from being friends to being lovers. Now, they're waiting for their "big day". But will it be the wedding of their dreams? Or a bride's worst nightmare?

A quick trip to Gabby's hometown turns into the wedding from hell when Gabby and Derek are plagued by hailstorms, lost reservations, voracious goats, angry bees and enough family drama to fill a barn.

Guess it's true what they say, "The course of true love never did run smooth." But can the happy couple hold it all together, or will their Big Day turn into a Big Mess?


***A different version of this book was previously released as part of the Sapphire Falls Kindle World program.***



https://books2read.com/GoingChapel

No comments: