2024-03-19

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Do You Ever Feel Like Giving Up? ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked, "Do you ever feel like giving up on writing? If so, what motivates you to keep going?"

To which I can only say: All. The. Time. And: damned if I know.

Honestly, I think it's just sheer pig-headedness. I mean, I love writing and I have plenty of stories I still want to write but I think anyone in their right mind would have given up by now. 

Creating worlds and characters is fun. And whenever I'm upset or confused or don't know what I think about a topic, writing things down is how I figure out how I feel, or what I want. So I don't think I could ever stop writing entirely. 

BUT the business of writing is often frustrating and overwhelming. I don't like that part nearly as much. In a perfect world--one in which I did not have to worry about marketing or making money from writing--I'd write all the time and not be bothered about whether or not my stories found their perfect audience; because of course they always would! In our very imperfect world, however, I have to rely on hope and pig-headedness and ignoring the small voice that says, "continuing to do the same thing over and over again and hoping for different results is madness" and instead hold to the idea that Da'Vine Joy Randolph said recently, "it would not be on your heart if you weren't meant to do it."

I don't know if I actually believe that, but it sounds good and I'm going with it!


Now, hop on over to Jill Haymaker's page and find out what she has to say on the topic of giving up. And don't forget to check out her book, The Boy in the Pink Convertible.




What secrets does a photograph hold? When Megan Forrester finds a old, worn photo of herself and a young boy, it propels her on a quest to find him, but along the way she finds herself, and maybe a little romance, too. Can one small photo change the course of her life?

Waiting For The Big One
LA Love Lessons 1.0




One girl, two guys and a quest for ultimate satisfaction.

Aspiring actress Gabby Browne refuses to consider her best friend, and personal trainer, Derek Novello for the role of soul mate fearing sex will ruin their beautiful friendship. When she meets Zach, she's convinced that he could be The One. Too bad Derek isn't willing to share-leaving Gabby forced to choose between two sexy co-stars.

An early morning earthquake provides Gabby with the impetus she needs to stop waiting for the stars to align and finally cast her leading man.


https://books2read.com/the-big-one

No comments: