2023-10-26

Thankful Thursday post for October 26, 2023

 

Well, it's another Thankful Thursday and today I'm grateful for...rain! We've been in a drought state for months. The rivers are drying up. My son's well dried up and they had to drill a new one. Pools and swimming holes had to stay closed all summer...and yes, I'm living in a place with swimming holes. Which is just...so amazing to me. I guess that's something else I'm grateful for--having lived most of my life near one ocean or another. Because beaches get closed for lots of reasons--like red tides, sharks or hurricanes--but never for a lack of ocean.   

Anyway, today it's raining and it's nice! In large part because I don't have to go out in it, so that's two more things I'm grateful for. There's a lack of thunder, which means my dog's not freaking out like she usually does. And I had the forethought, back before I knew we were heading into a drought, to purchase a new pair of shiny, black rubber boots. 

I've finished annotating Sound of a Voice That is Still this week--and that story is ALL about the rain, so it's fitting and synchronistic and...I'm thankful for that, as well. 

I also have a new book out this week! Well, sort of new. The Twentieth Anniversary edition of A Sight to Dream Of released on Tuesday!  I'm thankful and relieved about that. Pre-Orders make me tense! I can't relax until I have the files uploaded--and have received confirmation! So, having that ordeal over with, having another book out in the world...is a very good feeling. 




No comments: