2023-10-12

Thankful Thursday: New Weekly Blog Post Idea.






 So today I'm trying something new: a weekly blogpost discussing what's going on in my life--with a special emphasis on my writing life. And, to be more specific, what I'm feeling grateful about. I  am not enormously organized, so we'll see how it goes. It might end up not being every week. Maybe it will only be once a month. I'll play it by ear.


This week, I'm feeling thankful that I signed up for Angela James' Book Boss GCD forum...I think it's a forum. Group? Platform? Membership Forum? Whatever. A Rose by any other name, ete, etc. GSD stands for Get Shit Done, by the way--and I SO AM! 

Every time I've done anything with Angela it's been an incredible, worthwhile  experience. Her "Rediscover Your Writing Mojo"  challenge got me writing again within a couple of weeks, when I didn't think ANYTHING was ever going to break through my writing block. 

This time around the topic's been branding. I've been published for TWENTY YEARS and I feel like I FINALLY know what I'm doing. Well, in terms of branding, anyway. It's been a month and a half of magic. I can't wait to see what comes next.

Another thing I'm thankful for this week: I'm putting the finishing touches on A Sight to Dream Of (Oberon, book 2). None too soon, either, since it releases on the 24th. It's edited (again) and annotated and I LOVE the playlist I put together for it. I've been listening to it while I drive to and from Wimberley (picking up and dropping off my grandson, usually). The series was originally written in the late 90s/early 00s, so that makes up the bulk of the music. So that's been a blast!

Finally, two pieces of non-writing news. I recently re-connected with one of my SILs who I hadn't spoken to in awhile (I wasn't NOT speaking to her, but we'd both been busy). We had a nice chat and it was LOVELY!

Last of all...because this happened LAST week, but I wasn't posting this last week, so...my niece had her baby! I  am now a proud Grand Aunt...Great Aunt? Happy Birthday Gabriel!

What's good with you? (comment below if you feel like it!)



No comments: