2023-10-24

Romance Writers Weekly ~ An Influential Author ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we were given the following prompt: "Write about an author who has influenced your writing."

Ooh. This is TOUGH! There are so many authors who've influenced my writing in so many different ways. But, I think, if I have to pick just one, it's going to have to be Joan Didion. 

"I write entirely to find out what I’m thinking, what I’m looking at, what I see and what it means." 
― Joan Didion, Why I Write

I discovered Didion's writing at a time in my life when I was absolutely in love with literature--and in a time before ebooks. So when I traveled (and I  traveled a lot back then: Europe, North Africa, India, South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, all across this country and up and down both coasts) I would have to take actual books with me. More often than not, I chose one or more of hers. 

I wouldn't exactly call them comfort reads, because she rarely wrote about things that were comfortable. But I guess, for me, they were comfort reads just the same. I was fascinated by the worlds she described--the made up ones and the real one she lived in. I wanted to live in them, too--always. And I think a lot of my writing (my early short stories, especially) really reflects that influence.

Everything she wrote was raw and compelling and vivid and memorable. And I very much wish she were still alive and writing today.

Now, hop on over to Jenna Da Sie's page Leslie Hachtel's page to find out what writer has influenced her.









Release Day!

A Sight to Dream Of
Oberon Book 2.0

Get ready for MORE—more magic, murder, mystery in a mystical smalltown setting!


A Sight to Dream Of, book 2 in the Oberon series is a slow-burn, hero in peril, later in life, paranormal romantic suspense story featuring a (47M) big city financial wizard and the wounded, small town witch (37F) who unwittingly saves him. 


“The Oberon Series needs to come with a warning. HIGHLY ADDICTIVE needs to be printed in very large letters.”

“A Sight to Dream Of is the 2nd book in the series and P.G. again torments her readers by crafting a suspenseful story from beginning to end, but it's the best kind!”


“Sam has brought drama to Oberon and the mystery will suck you in and you will be unable to put this book down.”


Sam Sterling is a man with problems. Including a partner who is trying to kill him, and a nosy reporter, who's just turned up dead. It's going to take a miracle to save him. Or, better yet, an angel.

Marsha Quinn is used to being called a witch. Her abilities as a psychic make a lot of people uncomfortable. But no one has ever thought of her as an angel before! 

Happily Ever After was not a possibility Marsha had envisioned for herself, until Sam the skeptic arrives in Oberon, and teaches her to see past the scars she carries, and the lies he's told her, to the love that lies within their hearts and minds. But now, with danger closing in and a hired assassin gunning for them both, they might not live long enough to enjoy it.


 https://www.books2read.com/SightDream

No comments: