2024-01-23

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Foods We Can't Live Without ~ #LoveChatWrite



 This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked "What Food Couldn't You Live Without?"

Uh...yeah, I really can't answer that. I love food. I have so many "favorites" that I couldn't begin to count them. I still have vivid taste memories of dishes I haven't eaten in fifty years. My husband and I used to go on food pilgrimages--recurring road trips where we'd stop at the same restaurants each time to have the same meal because we'd enjoyed it so much the first time. 

So, yeah. I don't want to live without any of it. 

I have gone on very specific food jags, however. Yes, as an adult. And YES! I still do it. But I don't think my craving for Navratan Korma while I was pregnant with my daughter really counts. I mean, yes, I wanted to eat it every day--who wouldn't? But it wasn't an OBSESSION. 

Sesame noodles was an obsession. I was first introduced to the dish while I was living/working out of a loft on the corner of Seventh Avenue and 21st Street in Manhattan. (Fabulous loft, btw, with floor to ceiling windows on two walls and a view of the Empire State Building.) 

We'd gone with a group of people to Chinatown and we'd all ordered a bunch of food to share. Well! There was no sharing once I got a taste of it. OMG. It was life-changing.

As luck would have it, there was a teeny, tiny little Chinese restaurant right across the street from our loft. For MONTHS following that dinner I was in there every day--sometimes twice a day--ordering sesame noodles. 

We've moved around a lot and there were a few years (looking at you Southern California) where I couldn't find it. So I learned how to make it myself. Because needs must. Actually, I just had some yesterday. 


Now, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page to learn what food(s) she can't live without. And don't forget to check out her award winning book, Stay With Me.






Two women. Years apart. Linked by common experience and a cottage that has survived since the Civil War. When Rebecca reaches out from the past, Evelyn finds it life changing.

And in their own times, each must discover strength and fight to find and keep true love.

A 2023 NEST First Place Winner in Paranormal!


It's Release Day! 








Welcome to Oberon

Omnibus One: Books 1 - 3


Ever wish you could find a small-town love story with magic, mystery, a huge cast of characters and a happy ending? How about an entire series like that? 

Welcome to Oberon, California. 

Where murder and mysticism combine. Where the focus is always on friends, families and feelings. And where love will save the day…eventually.

This Omnibus contains the first three books of the Oberon series:

 

Scent of the Roses

A Sight to Dream Of

Sound of a Voice That is Still. 


Three connected tales of love, murder, mystery...all set in a mystical small town where anything might happen.


Second Chances, Friends to Lovers, Opposites Attract, Hurt-Comfort, Age Gap, Betrayal, Suspense.


https://books2read.com/Welcome-to-Oberon

No comments: