2023-12-17

Music Monday: It's Christmas by Pilot

 


I am not the biggest fan of the movie Love Actually. I like some of the storylines, but not others. And I just wish that EVERYONE could have a happy ending. Also that the American president wasn't such a dick. I mean, it's probably too accurate, more often than not, but still so cringey.

But my favorite part is Bill Nighy's performance. I thought it was brilliant and hysterically funny to re-write a pop song to make it about Christmas. I mean, who would actually do that, right?

WELL...let me tell you, there is apparently a whole world of delightfully zany re-written Christmas anthems. Including this one that I discovered while digging up songs for the Christmas Angel playlist. 




I just can't...

And in case you missed it... Here's Bill Nighy deliciously mangling the Troggs' hit, Love is All Around. WHILE also sending up Robert Palmer's classic video for Addicted to Love. I love this all so much!




And in case you're too young to remember it...




No comments: