2023-08-22

Romance Writers Weekly ~ Childhood Crush ~ #LoveChatWrite



 











This week, on the Romance Writers Weekly blog hop, we're asked the question: "Who was your childhood actor/actress crush?"

Wow, I feel like I'm really gonna be showing my age with this answer. I didn't really have a lot of childhood crushes--or any, really. I actually recall being told I had to choose one, because all my friends, cousins, etc. had them and I did not. Eventually, I  chose Bobby Sherman (not exactly an unpopular choice). I think there might have been a poster involved?

For those claiming he was a singer rather than an actor, he starred in the TV show Here Come the Brides. He played the youngest of three brothers--Jeremy. The three brothers all had names that started with J (Jason and Joshua being the other brothers). 

Fun Fact:  my husband and his siblings all have names that begin with J as well. 

Jeremy was also the name of the character Robby Benson played in the movie of the same name. I recall thinking he was pretty cute, too. Years later, when I was living in Los Angeles, my family (husband, son, and I at the time--I think this was before my daughter was born) went to brunch at Gladstone's in Malibu, which used to be my favorite spot, before they changed ownership and their menu, and Robby Benson was at the next table with his wife and daughter. 

Anyway...this has been a delightful trip down memory lane, and I'll be taking another one with the re-release of my Oberon series starting next month. See below for details. I'm super excited to be revisiting my very first (and possibly my favorite) series. 


Now, hop on over to Leslie Hachtel's page and find out who her childhood crush was. And don't forget to check out her book, Stay With Me.  



Winner of the 2023 NEST award in Paranormal!

Two women. Years apart. Linked by common experience and a cottage that has survived since the Civil War. When Rebecca reaches out from the past, Evelyn finds it life changing.

And in their own times, each must discover strength and fight to find and keep true love.









Now Available for Pre-Order!

Scent of the Roses
Oberon Book 1.0


For years, Scout Patterson has tried to run from the mistakes in her past.  Now, she's coming home--to face the ghosts she's never laid to rest, and the love she thought she'd lost forever.  

Memories and dreams may be the only things that have gotten Nick Greco through the past twenty years.  Memories of the girl he loved and lost, dreams of what his life would be like if he could only find her again.

 Can these star-crossed lovers put aside the hurt and distrust they still harbor toward each other?  Or will the evil—which already nearly destroyed them once—triumph yet again?

No comments: