I love pumpkin. I love it so much, I plan on devoting all of November to the tasty squash. Each week I'm going to post a different pumpkin recipes. Here's the first...
Baked Stuffed Pumpkin
- 1 small pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 to 4 apples, quartered
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the top off the pumpkin--don't throw away.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Place pumpkin in deep baking dish. Add about an inch of water to the dish to surround the pumpkin.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Saute onions, apples and raisins, until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add maple syrup, spices, cider and zest.
- Cover and cook for about 5 or 10 minutes or until the apples begin to soften.
- Spoon apple mixture into the pumpkin.
- Replace the top of the pumpkin and bake for approximately one hour or until pumpkin can be easily pierced with a fork.
Be sure to visit the following blogs for more tasty treats: